Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kind of Sick Day

I was exhausted yesterday to the point I felt ill and thought I might have the flu. It may or may not have had something to do with all of those 4am wake ups the nights previous... I made it into work in a haze, finished all necessary preparations for the weekend and took the rest of the day as a sick day. After another hazy bus/train ride home I collapsed and slept for 2 hours. Since I hadn’t eaten all day because I wasn’t feeling well I woke up famished and proceeded to inhale everything I had packed for my work lunch and then some. I felt better, but still not great. I spent my night on the couch resting up, eating waffles, reading a book and watching a Netflix. Oh and hanging out with Veronica.

I see kitten.
After my incredibly exciting evening I went to bed early and got a full 10 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling so much better and ready to get my Saturday long run on. First, I had to get my Jillian Six Week Six Pack on though. I try to get in ab work before my runs, especially my long runs, cause I never have the energy to afterwards. Veronica always thinks I am playing with her when I am jumping around and doing the moves and it is pretty freaking adorable. 

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=c5c717df4e&view=att&th=139607d0b813a2da&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-EmAFtfqUT9G8eJLeUVGkT&sadet=1345943685229&sads=Pz5HGJXM8L6NYeenGr4DkQgPFOA
She needs to work on her burpee form.
After finishing my Jillian video I headed to the gym on foot (it is 3/4ths of a mile away). Today’s run was kinda a rough run for me. I had 15 miles on deck and they seemed more daunting than my 20 miles last week considering my little bout with feeling under the weather yesterday. On top of that, finding the right amount of balance of pre-long run eating is not an exact science and today was a major fail. There is a fine line between overly stuffed and I want to throw up through the whole run and I am famished and can’t keep my energy up. Today was definitely the latter. As soon as I started my run I felt low on energy. I can honestly say I spent me ENTIRE run thinking about food and what I wanted to eat when I got home.

I came home, showered and took a quick 20 minute powernap before face planting into a bowl of cereal… and then another bowl. Once Ben got home from work we headed to Costco to pick up a few more items for his Football Fantasy draft tonight. While there I had sooo many samples including, but not limited to: strawberry trifle, chicken parmasean, chicken linguinie, Snapple, pumpkin granola, nut bar and carmel popcorn.

Now Ben is hosting his fantasy draft. He made a beautiful turkey for it and we had rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy to go with it for quite a tasty meal. I went back for 3 or 4 servings and am totally stuffed. 

The trophy needs to be repaired, but a picture of it is pending.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment